Looking for a challenge? Read carefully before you submit.
"Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes ... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo. ... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things. ... They push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the people who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do." ~Steve Jobs
What it's like to be on the team at Farmwave.
- Hard. Period. We wear many hats here regardless of the amount of people. To work here you'd better be able to think on your feet, adapt, and overcome.
- This is a team environment and a team effort. If you're looking for a "participation trophy" this is not the place for you.
- No one is interested in your race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or otherwise. We're only interested in the value you bring to the team and everyone is treated as such. Everyone is treated equally here and a problem with any of the aforementioned is a problem with the team as a whole. Everyone brings something different to the table, but we focus relentlessly on how our unique characteristics bring unique value to our customers.
- There will be highs and there will be lows. How you react to them will determine your course and ultimately your success.
- We take our Core Values very seriously here. Your team, our partners, and our clients expect -and deserve- nothing less from us.
- This is a very different environment from other industries. Agriculture is demanding and unforgiving. Through hard experience, we've learned that what worked well somewhere else does not necessarily work here. With that said...
- Our processes work. We've already tested many procedures and ironed out what works and what doesn't. However...
- Great ideas are welcome and encouraged but expect to execute on them as well. It's about follow-through. This company hires people who can execute on their own ideas because someone else is not going to do the hard work for you. Own it.
- Decisions = Progress, so we tend to move fast here. Failure should be expected because it is part of the process. Embrace it and learn from it.
- Exceptional writing skills are a must. Typing an email to anyone like you're texting in high-school is un-professional. We, and you, are better than that.
- Field work. We work in agriculture so you need to expect to get dirty. Depending on job role, up to 50% of your time will be in the field.
- We expect discretion and sound judgment. We work with some of the most advanced technology in the world and are responsible for treating it as such. Our partners trust us in these relationships. Not everything is meant to be shared on social media.
- Incredible relationship building via partnerships with some of the world's largest tech companies.
- Competitive Pay
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision for the family
- 401k (non-matching at this time)
- Flexible working environment(s) and PTO
- Global travel (depending on job role) and not always to some fancy resort. We've been to France, Italy, Mexico, Guatemala, Jordan, Lebanon, and Iraq. Sometimes you will sleep on a cot in the summer with no air conditioning with animals outside that can kill you. If this sounds like an adventure rather than a warning, you're in the right place.